General Submission Guidelines
The CENG Connection blog includes official announcements, news, faculty and staff achievements, student highlights and other information of importance to the CENG community. Blog content is distributed via the college listserv weekly, excluding holidays and breaks. Items must be submitted by 3:00 p.m. on the Friday before the week the announcement will run. Email submissions to CENGNews@calpoly.edu or submit through the contributor form on this page.
Text Format Guidelines
Items should be 150 words or less. A pyramid format is followed, with the most important information first: the name of the event or guest; the time, day, date and location of the event; followed by a brief summary; and contact details, and/or a link for more information. CENG reserves the right to edit items for length, style, clarity and consistency.
Photography and Graphics Guidelines
Images should have visuals that are easily visible when sized down for the online newsletter. High-resolution photos are preferred. Low-resolution photos may be too grainy to be used.
The following items are not appropriate for inclusion in the newsletter:
- Commercial announcements
- Personal news, such as birth or marriage announcements
- News or events about community events, organizations, or agencies that do not pertain directly to Cal Poly or CENG
- Messages or material that is of questionable taste or has the potential to be divisive
Photo of the Week
- Cal Poly Engineering Named 5th Best in Nation in 2024 U.S. News & World Report Rankings
- Breaking the Silence: A Professor’s Journey to Tackle Mental Health Stigma in Engineering Education
- Navigating Grief: A Mother Searches for Answers after Son’s Suicide
- Cal Poly College of Engineering Rises to 6th Best in Nation in 2023 U.S. News & World Report Rankings
- Faculty Research Roundup