College of Engineering 2023-2028 Strategic Plan
To provide an excellent Learn by Doing Engineering and Computer Science Education that empowers all our students to innovate, design and create sustainable solutions to real-world challenges.
The Cal Poly College of Engineering will be nationally recognized for its rapidly diversifying student population and unique, inclusive Learn by Doing educational and applied research experiences.
- We prepare students with an outstanding applied education to make a positive impact on society.
- Diverse, Equitable, Just and Inclusive Community
- We are dedicated to diversifying CENG and ensuring a just, equitable and inclusive experience for students, faculty and staff.
- We build a thriving CENG community that encourages collaboration and connection both internally and externally.
- We commit to the growth and development of our students, faculty, staff and college.
- Excelling in Teaching and Scholarship
- Ensuring Equitable Student Success
- Fostering a Welcoming, Supportive, Just, Equitable, Inclusive and Diverse Environment
- Empowering Personal and Professional Development
Learn more about our priority areas.
strategic plan goals and Progress
Amy S. Fleischer, Ph.D.
Dean, Cal Poly College of Engineering
Personal pronouns: she/her/hers
Connect with Dr. Fleischer on social media
The 2023-2028 College of Engineering Strategic Plan charts a clear path forward for the college. Formed over the course of a one-year period, from December 2021 to December 2022, the plan integrates feedback from more than 1,600 stakeholders including students, faculty, staff, alumni and industry partners. A 15-person strategic planning committee of faculty, staff and students reviewed all the feedback and used it to create the impactful plan we see today. This strategic plan integrates our focus on diversity, equity and inclusion into our mission, vision and goals. You will see that we have reaffirmed our enduring commitment to providing an exceptional Learn by Doing, hands-on education, and added a focus on creativity, innovation, sustainability and making a positive impact on society. Moving forward, this strategic plan will inform where the college focuses time and resources over the next five years and I look forward to seeing what we will collaboratively accomplish.