Majors & Departments
Undergraduate Departments & Programs
Download our printable department and program brochures!
- Aerospace Engineering brochure (PDF)
- Biomedical Engineering brochure (PDF)
- Civil Engineering brochure (PDF)
- Computer Engineering brochure (PDF)
- Computer Science brochure (PDF)
- Electrical Engineering brochure (PDF)
- Environmental Engineering brochure (PDF)
- General Engineering brochure (PDF)
- Industrial Engineering brochure (PDF)
- Materials Engineering (PDF)
- Mechanical Engineering brochure (PDF)
- Manufacturing Engineering brochure (PDF)
- Software Engineering (PDF)
The Cal Poly Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) helps students and community members acquire the tools, develop the skills and cultivate the mindset of an entrepreneur so that they may create economic and social value throughout the world. While it can mean starting a new business, entrepreneurial careers can be found or created in just about every field, industry, and organization.
Cal Poly offers many opportunities for you to study abroad! One option as an engineering student is to participate in an exchange program. The College of Engineering’s International Exchange Program (IEP) has established exchange agreements with reputable engineering universities around the world. Our exchange programs offer a unique opportunity for you to complete engineering
coursework while studying abroad.
Focusing on topics such as education, work, knowledge production, design and public policy from interdisciplinary perspectives, students who complete the STS minor will be prepared to engage with and respond to the profound challenges and choices we face related to science and technology in the 21st century, including efforts to create more socially responsible and sustainable scientific and technical knowledge production and decision-making practices. The STS minor will prepare students to work, collaborate and interact responsibly and effectively in an increasingly diverse and globalized workplace and world. Students are able to tailor their minor program through the selection of electives to focus on specific issues of interest.
Engineering Student Services & Multicultural Engineering Program (MEP)
The Engineering Student Services office provides an inclusive, respectful, and encouraging environment that fosters the retention and graduation of all undergraduate engineering students. Through their advising, Multicultural Engineering Program, International Exchange Program, and Tutoring Program, the Engineering Student Services staff provide comprehensive services to guide and empower students to achieve their goals.
As a division of Engineering Student Services, the Multicultural Engineering Program (MEP) is an academic support program designed to retain and graduate students who continue to remain underrepresented in engineering. MEP leverages a strong support network to build a community and provide the necessary bridges for students’ academic, personal, and professional success. Visit the MEP website to learn more.
Women's Engineering Program
The Women’s Engineering Program (WEP) supports Cal Poly women engineering students through a variety of academic, leadership, and social activities. WEP’s mission is to recruit and retain women engineering and computer science students by focusing on outreach, on-campus support, and professional preparation objectives. The program connects students to their peers, alumnae, faculty, and industry representatives.
Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP)
The Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) is a unique opportunity for undergraduate students to engage in hands-on research while using critical thinking, collaborative, and entrepreneurial skills to help solve major societal challenges. Students work closely with faculty research leads on projects during the 8-week long program and present research findings at a symposium the following school year. The goals of SURP are to:
- Help Cal Poly Engineering students develop professionally and enhance their portfolios for future employment.
- Give opportunities for CENG faculty (including lecturers) to advance their research/project agendas over the summer quarter.
- Build lasting student-faculty mentoring relationships
- Provide opportunities for industrial and other external sponsors to work with Cal Poly faculty and students to advance connections, gain access to Cal Poly talent and capabilities, and engage in valuable collaborative activities.
Click below for details about the application process.