Information technology services for CENG faculty, staff and students.
Please use one of the following methods to request support for your ITS needs:
- Contact the Service Desk to log a ticket by calling x6-7000 or 805-756-7000.
Note: This is the preferred method of requesting support when immediate assistance is needed in the classroom. Phone and in-person support for classrooms will be provided from 6:45 AM to 9:15 PM, Monday through Thursday, and from 6:45 AM to 5 PM on Fridays.
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with detailed information of what you need support with.
- Submit a support ticket on the request portal link. Please be as detailed as possible.
Q1) Where do I go to find General ITS Help Resources (i.e. Adobe Suite, VPN, Office365, AWS Appstream, etc.)?
A1) Visit the Cal Poly ITS Knowledge Database.
Q2) Where do I go to find teaching resources, such as Zoom and Canvas?
A2) Visit the CTLT Teaching Resources webpage.
Q4) I have issues printing on campus, who do I contact?
A4) Please create a support ticket by calling the Service Desk at x67000 or 805-756-7000.
Q5) As an incoming or continuing student, what computer model should I purchase, and what specs should it feature?*
A5) The recommended hardware, specifications, and software vary depending on your major:
- Aerospace Engineering majors – Please visit the Aero Recommended Laptop Specs webpage.
- Computer Science and Software Engineering majors – Freshmen and students enrolled in foundation courses may use a Chromebook or comparable machine. Students taking upper-division coursework and those enrolled in classes with a VR or gaming component, please consult with your instructors for specific hardware and software recommendations.
- Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering majors – Please see the School Computer Recommendations section of the EE Resources webpage.
- Mechanical Engineering majors – Please visit the ME Computers and Software webpage.
- All other majors – Please contact your academic department or program office directly for recommendations.
CENG provides access to a Remote Desktop environment with academic software.
- Windows 8 or 10
- MacOS 10.13 or later
- Minimum Download Speed: 5 Mbps
- Global Protect VPN (Off-campus access)
- Browser: Chrome (Recommended), Firefox, Edge
How to Launch Remote Desktop:
- Install and connect to Global Protect VPN if you are not on the Cal Poly network
- MacOS Users: Install Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Launch Microsoft Remote Desktop and go to Preferences
- Set up Folder Redirection at the bottom of the General tab
- Launch CENG Desktop and log in
- Find additional information and help on the About, Software, and Help pages
Last updated on July 28, 2022