Information technology services for CENG faculty, staff and students.
Please use one of the following methods to request support for your ITS needs:
- Contact the Service Desk to log a ticket by calling x6-7000 or 805-756-7000.
Note: This is the preferred method of requesting support when immediate assistance is needed in the classroom. Phone and in-person support for classrooms will be provided from 6:45 AM to 9:15 PM, Monday through Thursday, and from 6:45 AM to 5 PM on Fridays.
- Email your request to email@example.com with detailed information of what you need support with.
- Submit a support ticket on the request portal link. Please be as detailed as possible.
Q1) Where do I go to find General ITS Help Resources (i.e. Adobe Suite, VPN, Office365, AWS Appstream, etc.)?
A1) Visit the Cal Poly ITS Knowledge Database.
Q3) I have issues printing on campus, who do I contact?
A3) Please create a support ticket by calling the Service Desk at x67000 or 805-756-7000.
Q4) As an incoming or continuing student, what computer model should I purchase, and what specs should it feature?*
A4) The recommended hardware, specifications, and software vary depending on your major:
- Aerospace Engineering majors – Please visit the Aero Recommended Laptop Specs webpage.
- Computer Science and Software Engineering majors – Freshmen and students enrolled in foundation courses may use a Chromebook or comparable machine. Students taking upper-division coursework and those enrolled in classes with a VR or gaming component, please consult with your instructors for specific hardware and software recommendations.
- Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering majors – Please see the School Computer Recommendations section of the EE Resources webpage.
- Mechanical Engineering majors – Please visit the ME Computers and Software webpage.
- All other majors – Please contact your academic department or program office directly for recommendations.
CENG Remote Desktops and Apps is currently available for AERO, BMED, CE, ENVE, ME, and MATE students.
- Windows 8 or 10
- MacOS 10.13 or later
- Minimum Download Speed: 5 Mbps
- Global Protect VPN
- Browser: Chrome (Recommended), Firefox, Edge
To access site, you must be running Global Protect VPN.
Last updated on August 30, 2021