Celebrating Honors Students

Two people standing on stage, with one person holding a certificate
Dean Amy Fleischer and Mackenzie Kettwig

The College of Engineering recognized the academic achievements of students who graduated from the University Honors Program at the Outstanding Senior Celebration on Friday, June 14.

Mackenzie Kettwig, a soon-to-be computer engineering graduate, found the curriculum focused on the technical expertise of her major, and the Honors Program provided the tools she needed to excel in her studies and beyond.

“The Honors Program has really balanced my education and allowed me to learn more about leadership and sustainability principles that I can apply in the industry, including how to be more in touch with the people I’m creating products for,” Kettwig said. “I truly believe I’ve become a better person through this experience and am so excited to use all I’ve learned as I begin my career.”

This year’s College of Engineering Honors students are Ella Buysse (computer science), Timothy Erwin (electrical engineering), Mackenzie Kettwig (computer engineering), Wesley Kwok (computer science), Jonathan Laksana (computer science), Tasman Loutfi (materials engineering), James Matlosz (biomedical engineering), Maanav Patel (computer science), Brendan Rosenzweig (biomedical engineering), Suren Sanai (aerospace engineering), Bradie Strauch (biomedical engineering), Nikolas Tanski (mechanical engineering) and Joseph Williams (computer engineering).

“I am proud of the students who persist and graduate from the University Honors Program,” said University Honors Director Jasna Jovanovic. “These students demonstrate not only strong academic excellence but make visible contributions to the campus and the broader community while also serving as leaders and role models to their peers.”

Students who successfully graduate from the University Honors Program must complete a specific number of honors courses and co-curricular requirements while maintaining a 3.5 GPA or above.

Share