EPIC Now Accepting Lab Submissions for 2024 Summer Camp

2023 EPIC (Engineering Possibilities in College) camper Eva Overbach from Santa Barbara, California sands a medallion she made in the metal casting lab taught by Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Lecturer Rob Carter.

EPIC is now taking lab submissions for the 2024 summer camp sessions. If you are interested in teaching a lab, please submit the lab information HERE by Jan. 19.

Please consider participating by submitting your availability. You do not have to be available for all four weeks. You may choose to offer a lab that meets only once or up to four times for two hours each meeting. Class size is only 20-22 students. This is a great way to get future Cal Poly students excited about engineering. 

You can view a list of previous labs offered HERE under each of the session tabs. 

EPIC Program Dates:

Session 1   June 30-July 5        Rising 6th-8th Grade    

Session 2   July 7-12                Rising 9th-12th Grade 

Session 3   July 14-19              Rising 9th-12th Grade

Session 4   July 21-26              Rising 9th-12th Grade

Below is a message from a previous EPIC participant.

“I came into camp knowing that I wanted to be an engineer but was worried that I needed to know which discipline of engineering when applying.  Hearing about the differences between disciplines of engineering really helped shape my decision. I now know that I will study either mechanical or aerospace and that is thanks to you. Thank you for taking the time out to help me and those who are curious about college make a more informed decision.”

If you’d like to view a short video of students in action, see below.

Share