CENG Student Athlete Spotlight: Aaron Price

Electrical engineering student Aaron Price is a forward on the Cal Poly basketball team.

Major: Electrical Engineering

Hometown: Las Vegas, Nevada

Sport: Basketball

What made you choose engineering?

I love problem solving, doing math and building things! 

What is your favorite place in San Luis Obispo County and why?

I love Avila Beach because I have a lot of good memories with my teammates there, and we don’t have any water or beaches in Vegas where I’m from, so it was unreal getting to see a beach for the first time. 

What are your hobbies?  

I love to make music! I play five instruments – cello, guitar, piano, drums and ukulele. I also like to cook, and I serve at my local church. 

What’s your dream job after graduation?    

I’d love to play professional basketball in the NBA, but if that doesn’t work out, I’d like to be a professional producer or audio engineer. 

What do you think engineering’s biggest impact on the world will be in the future?   

I believe that AI already is the biggest impact we’ve seen so far, and I believe humanity will continue to advance as AI advances. It has been revolutionary in making certain tasks much easier and making data much more accessible to people. 

Do you have a scholarship?  

Yes, I am on a full-ride scholarship for basketball. 

Why did you choose to attend Cal Poly, and what was the path that brought you here?  

I came here because I had a coach that really believed in me, despite me not being the most coveted basketball player in high school. Additionally, when I saw that we had a prestigious College of Engineering, I immediately knew that I chose the right place! 

What are the challenges of being a student-athlete and how are you overcoming them?  

Time management is easily the biggest challenge, but it can be dealt with through organization and communication with professors. A lot of professors are lenient with due dates if you communicate ahead of time. 

Share