College of Engineering Celebrates Tenure, Promotion of 11 Faculty Members 

Two men posing in front of a building, smiling at the camera
CENG Faculty: Paul Anderson (computer science) and Stefan Talke (civil engineering)

The Cal Poly College of Engineering is celebrating the tenure and promotion of 11 faculty members. 

Two faculty members, Stefan Talke (civil and environment engineering) and Paul Anderson (computer science and software engineering), were promoted from associate professor to professor. 

Associate professors can submit a case after five years for a second promotion from the rank and title of associate professor to professor. The status of professors signifies a significant, consistent contribution to students, the university and the profession, as it is the highest rank that can be awarded to a faculty member. 

“It’s an honor to become a full member of the college, and I am looking forward to all the great opportunities ahead,” Talke said. 

Anderson shared similar sentiments, thanking his family and colleagues for shaping his career. 

“It is impossible to think about this promotion without thinking about all the people who have helped me throughout the years,” he said. “To all my friends, mentors, colleagues and especially my family – Kaitlin, Sam, Oliver and Ben. I am not the person I am today without you.” 

In addition to the two professor appointments, nine faculty members were promoted to associate professor. 

Christopher Heylman (biomedical engineering), Micha el Whitt (biomedical engineering), Hani Alzraiee (civil and environmental engineering), Amro El Badawy (civil and environmental engineering), Bruno Da Silva (computer science and software engineering), Christian Eckhardt (computer science and software engineering), Joseph Callenes-Sloan (computer engineering), Jacques Belanger (mechanical engineering) and Eric Espinoza-Wade (mechanical engineering) all received promotions. 

“I am looking forward to continuing to make contributions to the Mustang Community and value being part of it,” Whitt said. 

Share