A transformative, multidisciplinary student design competition that addresses the world’s most pressing contemporary problems.
This Year’s Theme: Solutions for Living in a Post-COVID World
• The Change the World Challenge is open to upper division students of any major.
• Students will be formed into multidisciplinary teams of five mentored by faculty.
• Student teams develop solutions using a systems approach that balances technical concerns with social, cultural, economic, historical, political, ethical, and environmental implications.
• The competition will span all three quarters with a time commitment of approximately 4 hours per week.
- 1st place team shares $20,000
- 2nd place team shares $10,000
- 3rd place team shares $5,000