Civil and Environmental Engineering Assistant Professor Shams Tanvir was recently a featured expert in WalletHub’s article, “Best & Worst Cities to Drive-in.”
With cost, safety and environmental impact ranking among the top concerns for the auto industry, WalletHub asked Tanvir to share his thoughts on the following key questions:
- What money saving tips do you have for drivers, as gas prices have been on an upward trend over the last few months?
- When do you think there will be more self-driving than human-driven cars?
- Considering all potential consequences, do you think that automated vehicles will be a net benefit or net negative for society?
- When evaluating the best cities for drivers, what are the top five indicators?
- What can local authorities do to reduce traffic and improve safety?
- How will the COVID-19 pandemic change traffic levels and the way Americans commute?