The first rolling deadline for the 2021 Graduate Student Research Restart Program is next Monday, May 10 at 5:00 pm.
Program Rolling Deadlines*:
May 10, 2021: Deadline for Summer 2021 only proposals
June 7, 2021: Deadline for 2021-22 Academic Year proposals
Applications are due at 5:00 pm PDT on due date
Award Notification: Within 30 days of submission
Maximum Award: $7,000
Graduate Student Research Restart Program Information:
· One-time funding for CSU graduate students to re-engage in biotechnology research impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
· Open to both master’s and doctorate level graduate students
· Up to $5,000 for student scholarship, $1,500 for faculty support and $500 for lab supplies/equipment
· Research must be completed by the end of Spring 2022
· Short 2-page application
· Questions: email@example.com.
*Summer 2021 only proposals will NOT be accepted after May 10th. Summer 2021 proposals attached to the 2021-22 Academic Year will be accepted before May 10th. Please refer to the RFP for the release of funds timeline (pg 2, Funds Administration section).
Please note this program will NOT fund research activities started after campus COVID-19 closures and research not impacted as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
CSUPERB defines biotechnology as a fusion of biology and technology. The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) lists biotechnology examples. CSUPERB explicitly adds to the list health IT and medical device research and development. CSUPERB welcomes and encourages applications from CSU faculty in all disciplines related to the current practice of biotechnology, including but not limited to life sciences, physical sciences, clinical sciences, math, computer science, agricultural science, engineering, and/or business.