A free virtual screening of the film Picture a Scientist will be offered March 1-7 for the Cal Poly community and local high schools. There will also be a panel discussion with the film director and two Cal Poly alumnae scientists on Thursday, March 4, 4-5 p.m.
- Free virtual screening of Picture a Scientist, a film about women scientists, the discrimination and harassment they face, and how they’re creating change–check out the trailer on the film’s website. Register to view the film here.
- Panel discussion with the film director and Cal Poly alumnae scientists; Zoom link for panel discussion
Screening: March 1-7, Register Here
Panel: Thursday March 4, 4-5 p.m. Zoom link for panel discussion
How to participate:
- Register individually and watch the film. You must register to receive the link. Screening is for Cal Poly and local high schools only.
- Talk about it with your club, friends, fraternity/sorority, or any other group. A discussion guide is attached and will be sent with the link to the film.
- Send a screenshot of the discussion to email@example.com and receive “Cal Poly supports women in science” stickers!
- Attend the panel discussion on March 4, 4-5 p.m. Zoom link: https://calpoly.zoom.us/j/81515716597
You can also join two discussion sessions offered by the College of Science and Mathematics:
Wednesday, March 3, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.: https://calpoly.zoom.us/j/89498034624
Thursday, March 4, UU hour 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.: https://calpoly.zoom.us/j/82486581183