The NSF-funded CSU-LSAMP program at Cal Poly is currently recruiting for its 2021 LSAMP Summer Research Scholars Program.
Applications are due by noon on Tuesday, 2/16/21 – via email to email@example.com.
Selected Summer 2021 LSAMP Research Scholars will receive a $3,500 stipend to enable them to conduct research with a Cal Poly faculty member in Summer 2021.
- Be an LSAMP student or apply to the LSAMP Program at the same time – see eligibility requirements
- An updated resume
- A one-page research project proposal (directions)
- A one-half page motivation statement (directions)
- A letter or email of commitment from a Cal Poly faculty member
- may be submitted separately to firstname.lastname@example.org
- may be a co-mentorship with a research staff member, post-doc, and/or graduate student
- may be a co-mentorship with an off-campus collaborator
Research mentors can be in any college. Students must meet LSAMP eligibility requirements. Note: Blended B.S./M.S. students are LSAMP eligible, but students who have been awarded their B.S. degree are not.
Applicants who will be enrolled in Summer and/or Fall 2021 will be prioritized for selection over students who are scheduled to graduate in June 2021.
Students and their faculty mentors are encouraged to identify projects that can be completed remotely where possible during the time period in which Cal Poly has limited access to campus due to the COVID-19 outbreak. In limited cases in which this is not possible, funded student researchers must work with their faculty mentors to request university approval via existing processes and follow all campus COVID-19 prevention and safety protocols, including frequent handwashing, cleaning protocols, physical distancing, and wearing a face covering. More information can be found on the Research, Economic Development & Graduate Education website. Faculty mentors must also have all participants sign a safety acknowledgement.
Please contact email@example.com with questions and/or to request review of application materials.
In addition, students interested in research opportunities for Summer 2021 should also check out: