As part of our ongoing commitment to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive campus, we are pleased to announce the Strategic Diversity Leadership Institute (SDLI) on Thursday and Friday, Oct. 17-18.
Please register for the institute at the registration website today (space is limited).
This is a two-day event led by Dr. Damon A. Williams and his team to help us understand the results of last spring’s survey so that we can move forward and turn data into actionable steps for long-term change. As members of our Cal Poly community, we encourage you to attend this important event.
Below are some important keynotes and sessions all members of our community can attend:
Thursday, Oct. 17
Event Keynote: Embracing the Journey Toward Inclusive Excellence: Unpacking the CPX Survey
11:10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Cal Poly Recreation Center, Multi-Activity Center
Friday, Oct. 18
- The Cheetah and the Wolf: Activating Change at Cal Poly
10:30 a.m. – noon at the Cal Poly Recreation Center, Multi-Activity Center
- Panel Discussion: Creating an Everyday Culture of Inclusion. Strategies for Improving the Campus Climate at Cal Poly
1:10 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. at the Cal Poly Recreation Center, Multi-Activity Center
For additional event information, including breakout sessions and more, click here.
The institute is just one in a series of action steps we are taking this year to help us continue to learn, lead and plan for the ongoing transformation of our campus community. Below are some additional planned steps the university will take in the coming months:
- October-November – Campus-wide Dialogues and Community-Builder Resources
- November-February – Action Plan Development
- January-February – Cal Poly Inclusive Excellence Leadership Academy
- February/March -Action Plan Share-out
To learn more, visit diversity.calpoly.edu.