Have your voice be heard! Be a part of the Student Diversity Advisory Council

sign

Are you passionate about diversity and inclusion initiatives at Cal Poly?  Would you like to provide feedback for how to be a more inclusive university?  The Office of University Diversity and Inclusion (OUDI) and Student Affairs, will be forming the 2019/20 Student Diversity Advisory Council (SDAC), that will begin meeting this fall.  Council members will act as advisors on key school issues, and help improve communication of diversity programming at Cal Poly.  You can apply now by clicking this link.  Applications close on Friday, October 4.  Interviews will be held on Friday, October 10 and Monday, October 14. We intend to select between 10-12 student representatives.  Both current undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply.

Testimonials from Student Diversity Advisory Committee Members (SDAC) AY 2018-2019 Members:

“SDAC taught me the valuable lesson on how to provide feedback on major initiatives that will affect the university. We learned what our university does to foster diversity on campus, something that may seem invisible to many students. In SDAC I learned how to use my voice to affect change, and for that I am grateful.”
Autumn Ford (she/her/hers), Environmental Management and Protection, College of Agricultural, Food, and Environmental Sciences, Senior

“Not only did I get to represent my college and discuss our efforts in promoting inclusivity, I also became more connected with student leaders from other colleges and with OUDI itself.”
Ami Mehta (she/her/hers), Architecture Major, Construction Management Minor, College of Architecture and Environmental Design, Fourth Year

“SDAC brought together an incredibly bright group of people from a variety of backgrounds across campus to discuss and act on the issues that matter most to Cal Poly students. I believe that my experiences in SDAC gave me a voice on campus, as we met with university administrators, third-party professionals, and other students to create initiatives for a more inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment for all. Our mutual respect for one another promoted discussion and generated actionable opportunities to give a voice to the historically underrepresented and traditionally underserved on campus. I feel thankful and grateful to have spent a year with such compassionate and thoughtful people.” Mimi Mason (she/her/hers), Business Administration, Concentration in Accounting, Orfalea College of Business, Third Year, Senior

Share