Fall Quarter 2019
Please join CAFES for
Research Seminar Series ~ Fridays this Fall
Pizza will be served!
Erhart Agriculture Bldg. 10, Room 206 12:10 – 1:00 p.m.
For questions, please call Marnie Perry at 805-756-2161
• Physiological Reaction to Odorants: Carmen Licon, Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Fresno State (09/27)
• Dairy Waste Management Research: Tryg Lundquist, Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Cal Poly, SLO (10/4)
• Food Rheology: The Scientific Smushing of Food: Helen Joyner, Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Univ. of Idaho (10/11)
• Water and Weather Issues for Central Coast Agriculture: Mark Battany, UC Cooperative Extension (10/18)
• Disentangling the Local and Landscape Determinants of Pests and Pesticides: Ashley Larsen, Bren School of Environmental Science and Management, UCSB (10/25)
• Exploring the Ecological Impacts of a Novel Land Use: Utility Scale Solar Fields: Seeta Sistla, NRES, Cal Poly, SLO (11/1) Location TBA
• 2018 Annual Crop Statistics for SLO County: Martin Settevendemie, Agricultural Commissioner, SLO County (11/8)
• Grazing Behavior and Physical Activity Influences on Metabolism and Performance: Zach McFarlane, ASCI, Cal Poly, SLO (11/22)
• Temporal Changes in the Soil Microbiome in Response to Soil Fumigants: Shashika Hewavitharana, HCS & Strawberry Center, Cal Poly, SLO (12/6)