Career Services and Alumni Engagement have just launched a new student and alumni mentoring/networking platform, in partnership with the Orfalea College of Business, College of Engineering, College of Science and Mathematics, and College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences.
This new platform, Cal Poly Career Connections, is open to all Cal Poly students and alumni. Through Career Connections, users can:
- Grow their network and connect with others within Cal Poly’s community of students and alumni
- Reach out to alumni users for networking and career related advice
Explore the profiles and career paths of Cal Poly alumni
- Browse resources and online career tools
- Join groups that match their career interests and participate in discussion boards
Cal Poly Career Connections launched to Cal Poly alumni on May 16, 2019 and to students on June 3rd, 2019. Students can access Career Connections from the My Apps section of their portal; alumni can log in at careerconnctions.calpoly.edu.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We are eager to grow the number of users on the platform and promote ongoing engagement and utilization. Please help us achieve this by doing any of the following:
- Share information about Cal Poly Career Connections with students and alumni in your areas
- Announce the platform via your department’s social media, newsletter communications, website, etc.
- Utilize the attached student-facing assets to help get the word out to your students
- If you are a Cal Poly alum, we invite you to join the platform yourself!
For questions regarding the student launch, please contact Amie Hammond, Associate Director of Career Counseling and Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-756-5977.
For alumni-related questions, you may contact Kirsten Hertz, Director of Alumni Engagement and Giving Programs at email@example.com.