The UndocuAlly Working Group at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo – a working group in the Dream Center – is comprised of faculty, staff, administrators, and students dedicated to creating an UndocuFriendly Cal Poly.
The work of the group is guided by the needs and experiences of undocumented students on campus, including students who utilize Cal Poly’s Dream Center and students active with the on-campus student club Rising Immigrant Scholars through Education (RISE).
The goals of the UndocuAlly Working Group are to:
- Support the Dream Center’s development and implementation of programming and services.
- Build a network of proactive UndocuAllies for undocumented students at Cal Poly:
- Provide UndocuAlly Trainings for faculty, staff, administrators, and students so that all members of the campus community can contribute to creating and sustaining an UndocuFriendly climate.
- Sustain the UndocuAlly network:
- Provide opportunities for growth for allies where they strategize with one another on improving campus climate.
- Provide guidance to interested organizations about best practices in institutionalizing undocumented student support and assessing UndocuFriendly processes.