Nominate an outstanding early-career professor who exemplifies the Cal Poly tradition of excellence in teaching. Nominations due May 14.
Criteria for the Award:
• Techniques that show excellence in teaching, procedures that contribute to student interest, enthusiasm and achievement.
• Evidence of acceptance as a role model for students and other faculty. A demonstrated ability to aid other faculty in their professional development as teachers and applied researchers. A demonstrated record of advocacy for students.
• Only faculty who have not yet received tenure, or non-tenure track faculty who have been in the College of Engineering for less than six years are eligible.
• Only faculty in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Aerospace Engineering are eligible.
• Repeat winners are not allowed.
2018 Bruce DeBruhl
The winner will be presented with a certificate and an award of $4000, provided by Northrop Grumman, at the Dean’s College-Wide Meeting in June. The winner will also have their name added to our new Northrop Grumman Excellence in Teaching Award perpetual plaque.
Link to nomination survey: Northrop Grumman Award Survey
Trouble accessing the survey? Please email Lorinda Esparza at email@example.com.