Learn by Doing, Lead with Innovation
Our Vision: As a national leader in engineering education, the College of Engineering transforms students into world class, innovative and collaborative engineers to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
The College of Engineering provides an excellent Learn by Doing education and graduates in-demand, Day One-ready professionals.
Learning Environments: Continue current, effective, and efficient approaches to pedagogy and curriculum.
Partnerships: Engage and expand multidisciplinary relationships and outreach to the community.
Operations & Practices: Improve fiscal vitality, foster healthy working and learning environments, and build pathways for innovation.
- Create and adopt into every program a common senior project format; enhance multidisciplinary student and faculty experiences.
- Examine and revise each undergraduate and graduate program to enhance currency, effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Track and grow external sponsorship of student projects and theses.
- Grow activities and relationships with external organizations.
- Grow activities and relationships between internal organizations.
OPERATIONS & PRACTICES
- Collaborate to adjust the college’s operations to meet current fiscal constraints.
- Create a college-wide, budget-linked framework for the teaching workload.
- Grow additional revenue streams from mission-compatible sources.