Engineering IDEAS Grants
Inclusivity, Diversity, and Equity Action Seeds
The Cal Poly College of Engineering fosters an environment based in love, empathy, and respect where all are supported, energized, and empowered. Opportunities to contribute exist for all and a broad range of voices and experiences are necessary as we co-create our future. We are developing an inclusive community where everyone can be their own unique selves.
- Spring Quarter Deadline: Sat. April 25, 2020
- Spring Quarter Awards: To be announced on May 12, 2020.
All approved Engineering IDEAS projects require a short report on the impact your submission had on the Cal Poly CENG community. This could take the form of photos, a video, or a written report. You are welcomed to add any additional information on impact (number in attendance, evaluation results, anecdotal information, etc.) Report results and additional comments will become part of our webpage and/or part of our annual report.
The members of the Engineering IDEAS Committee will review proposals each quarter and notify the contact person listed on the proposal form of the status of the proposal within three weeks of the proposal deadline.
For information about applying for Engineering IDEAS funding, please contact Melinda Keller in Mechanical Engineering at email@example.com.
- Create a virtual department conversation space – time and importance allotted to issues of Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity Actions. [IDEAs]
- Virtual Training and Workshops for Faculty, Staff, Clubs, Students.
- Digital space for IDEAs news in department and club publications.
- IDEAs Research ideas (in virtual classrooms, with students clubs, IRA’s, or research groups)
- Virtual Book Circles
- Create open and accepting virtual environments.
- CENG J.E.D.I. Council Priorities for 2019-2020 (PDF) – What are your ideas to further progress in these areas?
1. Can anyone apply?
Applicants must be affiliated with the college of engineering at Cal Poly. Students, Faculty, and Staff are all encouraged to try out their IDEAS.
2. When do I have to spend the money?
Any time after you receive notification of the award. We would like to distribute these funds to get projects started, but if you can’t start until Fall, that’s OK too. Just let us know.