The mission of CPConnect is to create opportunities for donors, faculty and students to collaborate on interdisciplinary educational projects by facilitating access to: potential projects, resources, relevant information, connections with corporate partners, and the interdisciplinary community of Cal Poly. Our commitment to innovative Learn by Doing methodologies serves as a foundation for launching industry sponsored projects. These projects provide a relevant contextual environment for putting into practice the fundamentals of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Project Proposals (2019-2020)
Winter 2021 Request for Proposals (RFP)*
Submission Deadline is Feb 5th.
*Due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, this RFP is limited to submissions by Cal Poly College of Engineering faculty and staff only, in support of approved F2F classes. Project proposals will be reviewed by the committee and selected based on a scoring rubric. The scoring rubric can be found at the end of the RFP. Note that the criteria are the same as in prior competitions, but the expectations of multidisciplinary/interdisciplinary activities are reduced this year due to the limitation of F2F classes.
Stay tuned for the spring quarter RFP. The deadline for spring proposals is April 30th!
About the Steering Committee
The CPConnect Steering Committee is composed of members from each of the departments from the College of Engineering. The Steering Committee facilitates the following activities:
- Facilitate communication between donors, faculty members, and students
- Provide guidelines for donors and faculty to develop project statements
- Help identify faculty and students interested in working on proposed projects
- Solicit proposals from faculty and students for funded project opportunities
- Review project proposals and provide recommendations to the Dean to award funding
- Maintain oversight of distribution of donations
- Maintain a database of current, ongoing and proposed projects
- Maintain a database of project final reports
Becoming a Partner
Understanding your interest in project-based learning is the first and most important part of establishing a relationship. We welcome your inquiries and look forward to discussing how your ideas and requirements can be integrated into our innovative Learn by Doing approach.