The CAMPARE program provides paid summer research opportunities for majors in any field of science or engineering in physics, astronomy and astrophysics, planetary science, astrobiology, and related fields at 19 world-class research institutions. Many sites have projects appropriate to multiple majors in both science and engineering. Past CAMPARE scholars have been majors in physics, biology, chemistry, computer science, geology, math, and multiple majors in engineering. Note, restrictions with regard to US citizenship or permanent residence do not apply at some sites.
General program information:
- Program participants receive a stipend; in addition, travel and housing expenses are included
- Application deadline is February 1, 2020
- Programs run from 8-10 weeks
- The program dates vary by site; visit each CAMPARE research site web page for more information
- Students may (and should) apply to work at more than one research site. The more opportunities selected, the better the chances of being chosen for the program
To learn more about the program and to browse the individual research site web pages for details on the program requirements for each site, please visit www.cpp.edu/campare.
Questions may be directed to Professor David Mitchell (email@example.com), the program liaison at Cal Poly.